Saturday, April 18, 2015

Deaf baby boy happily hears his mom's voice for the first time

Deafbabyboyelijahcookhearingaid




Nine-week-old Elijah Cook just heard the best sound in the world for the first time: his mom's voice.


Only able to hear 75 decibels in his right ear and profoundly deaf in his left ear, the baby boy was born with severe deafness, according to a description accompanying the video uploaded by Elijah's mother Ahavah Cook


But all that changed after he was fitted with hearing aids.


“The first time I saw him blink, I had a lot of emotions. I was trying really hard not to cry. I didn’t want him to see me cry. I was trying hard to keep it together and just talk to him," Cook said in a post on the Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota blog. Read more...


More about Viral Videos, Videos, Babies, Watercooler, and Deafness



from Mashable http://ift.tt/1cHH5EL

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment